UPDATE: This position has now been filled. Thank you to all you fantastic applicants. Best of luck!
Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of social marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping brands POP!
You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment, even if it means working with minimal supervision. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a great sense of humour, and you love being part of the creative marketing process.
- Execute social media strategies for a variety of clients (creative writing, content curation)
- Community management over multiple social platforms
- Identify new technologies and networks that can support our client’s ongoing digital strategies
- Maintain Popcorn’s event calendar
- Creative thinking for advertising, marketing and PR opportunities for several clients in various industries
- Replying to social mentions for multiple accounts
- Participate in strategy development
- Social media analytics and reporting
- Basic design or photography work
- Minimum 2 years experience in a digital/social media role
- Post-secondary education with a diploma in Communications or other related discipline. Preference may be given to applicants with a degree in Communications or Marketing
- Experience in blogging, use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, Google+ and other social media platforms
- Knowledge of current social media best practices
- Experience with social media listening and monitoring tools
- Accuracy in multi-tasking (managing multiple accounts and use of tools)
- Experience developing social media strategies and content is an asset
- Ability to build and sustain active and engaged online communities
- Experience maintaining lists and disseminating content using MailChimp or similar service is an asset
- Graphic design, basic web design and photography skills are an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Flexibility with last minute demands is critical
Compensation: $31,000 per year, with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation per annum, and did we mention lots of free food and perks??
The successful candidate will be expected to work from our downtown office 2-3 days per week and is able to work the rest of the days remotely from home or another location. Please send your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!