Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of social marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping brands POP!
You are a communications specialist who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment, even if it means working with minimal supervision. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a great eye for design, a sense of humour, respond well to constructive criticism, and you love being part of the creative marketing process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
70% Community Management / 30% Design
- Execute social media strategies for a variety of clients (creative writing, content curation)
- Community management over multiple social platforms
- Creating visual content for multiple social channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Photography and editing work as needed
- Assisting with social media analytics and reporting
- Maintaining Popcorn’s event calendar
- Replying to social mentions for multiple accounts
- Participating in strategy development, and creative thinking for advertising, marketing, and PR opportunities for several clients in various industries
- Identifying new technologies and networks that can support ongoing digital strategies
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, Google+, and other social media platforms
- Some previous experience in a digital/social media role
- Ability to manage a wide variety of time-sensitive tasks, efficiently
- Basic photography skills
- Excellent written and visual communication skills
BONUS (preference may be given for these skills)
- Post-secondary education in design, communications, or similar
- Blogging or similar writing experience
- Experience with social media analytics and monitoring tools
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience developing social media strategies and content
- History of building and sustaining active, engaged online communities
- Fluency in French (read/write)
- Experience maintaining lists, disseminating content, and building templates using MailChimp or similar service
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in-person and be given a take-home assignment which involves content creation and graphic design.
Compensation: 20-30 hours per week to start, $15-20/hour depending on qualifications and experience. This position may lead to full-time employment as we continue to grow.
The successful candidate will be expected to work from our Vancouver office 1-2 days per week, and the remainder can be completed remotely. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!