Help us fight the good fight against mediocre marketing! Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing, PR and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping our brands POP!
You are a natural communicator who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understands the power of digital marketing and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a quirky sense of humour, receive constructive feedback well, and you love being part of the creative marketing process. You are solutions-oriented, yet results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced team environment.
- 2-3 years experience in a client-facing account management role or internal marketing role (agency or sales experience is an asset)
- A strong communicator who has a professional gift of gab, whether with colleagues, clients or collaborators
- Great organizational skills - you’re great at turning complexity into an organized plan of attack and can coordinate team members according to their strengths
- Intermediate knowledge of digital and social media marketing
- Has a critical eye and strong attention to detail
- A creative, solutions-oriented, self-starter, able to anticipate the needs and requirements of any task at hand
- A strong strategic and executional understanding of web and social media analytics, and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- A general understanding of public relations and local or national media landscape
- Leading client communications for several accounts
- Help with the coordination or development of regular content and communications materials, including, but not limited to strategic documents, key messaging, social media and ad content, blogs, etc.
- Preparing monthly client reports
- Oversee and report on the activity of external client digital communications, including social media channels
- Support with strategy development, campaign planning and execution
- Assisting with scheduling photographers and influencers (as needed)
- Scheduling, coordinating and managing influencers
- Assisting with photo shoots (as needed)
- Participating in weekly team meetings
- 40 hours per week / based on experience
- Paid vacations and paid sick days
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Transportation reimbursement
- Education and training reimbursement program
- We offer a hybrid work environment and work out of an office located near South Granville a couple days of the week (office pets are allowed and we have all-you-can-drink coffee and Bublé)!.
Please send your resume (cover letter not required) and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please describe how your previous experience prepares you for this role?
What do you know about digital and social media marketing, and how do you think it contribute to the success of a brand/client?
Have you managed any team members before?
How do you stay up to date with your digital marketing knowledge?
Based on your understanding of the position, what do you see as the most challenging part of this role?
What strengths do you possess that would help you to succeed in this role?
We look forward to hearing from you!