Help us fight the good fight against mediocre marketing! Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing, PR and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping our brands POP!
You are a natural communicator who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of digital marketing and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a quirky sense of humour, receive constructive feedback well, and you love being part of the creative marketing process. You are solutions-oriented, yet results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced team environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a client-facing account management role or internal marketing role (agency or sales experience is an asset)
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, or a focused certificate in Digital Marketing or PR
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Intermediate knowledge of digital and social media marketing
- Has a critical eye and strong attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented and able to provide constructive feedback to the creative team
- Basic understanding of web and social media analytics, and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- General understanding of Google AdWords and Facebook Ads/Business Manager
- General understanding of public relations and local or national media landscape
- Supporting Accounts team as required
- Content writing for ads, social media posts, blogs, etc. for clients and Popcorn’s digital media channels
- Monitoring and engaging on company’s and clients’ social media channels
- Preparing monthly client reports
- Support with strategy development, campaign planning and execution
- Assisting with scheduling photographers and influencers (as needed)
- Scheduling and coordinating with influencers
- Assisting with photo shoots (as needed)
- Participating in team meetings
- 40 hours per week / based on experience
- Paid vacations and paid sick days
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Transportation reimbursement
- Education and training reimbursement program
We offer a flexible hybrid work environment where we hang out in our swanky coworking space located in Strathcona a couple days of the week (office pets are allowed and we have all-you-can-drink bublé)!. Please send your resume (cover letter not required) and answers to the following questions to email@example.com. This position may be funded by the “Digital Skills for Youth Program”.
- Please describe how your previous experience prepares you for this role?
- What do you know about digital and social media marketing, and how do you think it contribute to the success of a brand/client?
- How do you stay up to date with your digital marketing knowledge?
- Based on your understanding of the position, what do you see as the most challenging part of this role?
- What strengths do you possess that would help you to succeed in this role?
We look forward to hearing from you!