WHY IS SOCIAL MEDIA IMPORTANT?
Social media should be at the forefront of your business marketing strategy as it allows you to connect, build relationships, and communicate with potential customers. Social networks are among the fastest-growing industries in the world, and it’s critical to invest in these channels to ensure that your brand presence is well-positioned and optimally presented.
ROUND UP: LET’S TALK SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
1. Instagram – Instagram is a fantastic platform to reach new and existing audiences and promote your business. As a visual-dominated platform, ensure that quality “shareable” content is distributed. If you have an e-commerce website, connect your site to Instagram to allow users to shop directly on the platform.
2. Facebook – Is the largest social media site and is recommended to incorporate industry-related news, engaging videos, graphics, and other visually appealing content on this platform. Facebook is a powerful platform for paid advertising due to specific targeting. If you have an e-commerce website, connect your site to Facebook for direct shopping.
3. Twitter – If your audience is on Twitter, most likely, they’re very engaged. Share breaking news, easily comprehended “bite-sized” content and real-time information.
4. YouTube – YouTube is the second most popular search engine today! This platform is great to share informative long-form and short-form content for your business. We recommend experimenting with various types of content to see which resonates best with your audience.
5. TikTok – TikTok is a relatively new video-based app that’s quickly gaining popularity with those under 35 years old. Short-form content that is entertaining, interesting, and fun performs well on the app. It’s not recommended to use this platform for brand-promotion or to overly push products/ or services. It’s a great way to build a personal connection with your audience and highlight a brand’s personality.
6. Pinterest – Pinterest is an excellent way to reach “top-of-funnel” users and introduce your brand to a specific audience. This social bookmarking tool is popular among those who are looking for inspiration across several categories. The majority of Pinterest users are female. It’s best to share polished photos on this platform and include keywords in your pins to help extend reach.