We’re Recruiting: Junior Digital Strategist (Part-Time)Posted by gopopcorn / November 28, 2016 / No responses
Help us fight the good fight against mediocre marketing! Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of social marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping brands POP!
You are a natural communicator who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are results-driven, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment, even if it means working with minimal supervision. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a great communications skills, a sense of humour, respond well to constructive criticism, and you love being part of the creative marketing process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create and manage client marketing strategies
- Create and manage content calendars, including regular updates as required
- Attend weekly team meetings; update the team on strategy happenings for the week and present ideas for the upcoming week/month ahead
- Attend meetings with staff and clients as required
- Attend client events as required
- Weekly review of all accounts to review success of strategy pieces for all clients and make suggestions for improvements based on reviews
- Occasional account management support
Excellent written communication skills
Working knowledge of all popular social media platforms (you should have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram account at minimum).
Some previous experience in a digital / social media marketing role
Ability to manage a wide variety of time-sensitive tasks, efficiently
Self-motivated and ambitious
BONUS (preference may be given for these skills)
Post-secondary education in communications or marketing
Experience with social media analytics and monitoring tools
Experience developing social media strategies and content
History of building and sustaining active, engaged online communities
French language proficiency
- 20-25 hours per week / $15-20 per hour (based on experience)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Monthly transit pass reimbursement
- Education and training reimbursement program
The successful candidate will be expected to work from our Vancouver office. There will also be 1-2 evenings per week where they will be responsible for light social media monitoring and handling mentions on our clients’ accounts. There is also a likely opportunity for this to become a full-time position within a few months. Please send your application to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!