Visual Content Lead / PhotographerPosted by gopopcorn / November 13, 2016 / No responses
You are a visual content warrior. Using your arsenal of photographic and video skills, as well as tools such as Boomerang and Hyperlapse, you’ll create content for high-calibre local businesses as well as national brands. You’ll also create a shot lists and shoot requirements documents for other photographers and marketing teams Popcorn collaborates with. You have a great eye for design, respond well to constructive criticism, and you love being part of the creative marketing process.
Perhaps you’re freelance photographer who is looking for something stable and consistent. You may have a killer Instagram account and some visual content experience that you’re looking to parlay into a new career. Either way, you understand the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand recognition, and you understand the social ecosystem. You are confident and are ready to take the lead on managing Popcorn’s visual content department as we grow.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Taking photos for our clients. You will be responsible for approximately 14-15 photoshoots per month. Typically, each photoshoot ranges from 2-4 hours and are usually scheduled in the morning or afternoon.
- Editing photos and optimizing them for various social media platforms (eg. vertical or square photos for Instagram, landscape cover photos for Facebook, ads, etc.)
- Creating shoot requirement documents, and shot lists for yourself and other photographers we work with.
- Staging photos based on examples provided by our content team
- Coordinating props, backdrops, studio lighting, and other required equipment as needed
- Directing clients, models, and assistants during photoshoots
- Representing Popcorn professionally in all interactions with our clients
- Occasionally experimenting with more atypical forms of visual content such as stop motion, time lapse, slow motion, some video, etc.
- Some previous experience as a photographer, preference will be given to candidates who have experience shooting food / lifestyle.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
- General understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other relevant social media platforms.
- Solid project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to edit batches of photos efficiently.
BONUS (preference may be given for these skills)
- Knowledge / experience with studio lighting (or desire to learn those skills).
- Post-secondary education in design, communications, or similar
- Blogging experience
- Experience with social media marketing
- Experience with shooting video
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in-person and be asked to provide photography samples.
37.5 hours per week @ $18-25/hour (dependent on experience). We offer competitive health and dental benefits, education and transit reimbursement, as well as other perks.
The successful candidate will be expected to attend a team meeting every Tuesday morning. Otherwise work is expected to be performed at our clients’ place of business, at the Popcorn office, or off-site from time-to-time. Apply in any way that showcases your skills the best; just do it before November 17th: email@example.com
We look forward to having you join our growing team!