We’re Recruiting: Junior Community Manager (Full-time)Posted by gopopcorn / June 3, 2016 / No responses
Help us fight the good fight against mediocre marketing! Popcorn is a tight-knit team doing big things in the world of social marketing, and we’re looking for the perfect fit to help our business grow. You are a creative and motivated person who is passionate about social media, marketing and advertising. You love great food, the arts, building communities, and are ready to move into a full-time role helping brands POP!
You are a natural communicator who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and understand the power of social media and public relations in building a strong brand recognition. You are results-driven, organized, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment, even if it means working with minimal supervision. You are well-versed in current and emerging social media platforms, and have the ability to build and sustain several active and engaged online communities using brand-consistent voices. You have a strong written communications skills, are adept at organizing a large volume of content, respond well to constructive criticism, and love being part of the creative marketing process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Execute social media strategies for a variety of clients (creative writing, content curation)
- Community management over multiple social platforms
- Replying to social mentions for multiple accounts while maintaining unique voices across multiple channels.
- Participating in strategy development, and creative thinking for advertising, marketing, and PR opportunities for several clients in various industries
- Identifying new technologies and networks that can support ongoing digital strategies
Excellent written communication skills
Working knowledge of all popular social media platforms (you should have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram account at minimum).
Some previous experience in a digital / social media marketing role
Ability to manage a wide variety of time-sensitive tasks, efficiently
Self-motivated and ambitious
BONUS (preference may be given for these skills)
Post-secondary education in communications or marketing
Experience with social media analytics and monitoring tools
Experience developing social media strategies and content
History of building and sustaining active, engaged online communities
French language proficiency
- Full-time: 40 hours per week (weekdays 11am-7pm – exception: Tuesdays 9:30am-5:30pm) / $12-15 per hour (based on experience)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Monthly transit pass (if required)
- $300 annually towards approved education and training
Although we offer a very flexible work environment, the successful candidate will be expected to work from our Vancouver office at least 4 days per week, with the remaining hours to be completed remotely or at the office. There will also be 2 evenings per week where they will be responsible for light social media monitoring and handling mentions on our clients’ accounts. Please send your application to email@example.com and indicate whether you’re interested in the full-time or part-time position.
We look forward to hearing from you!